Want to be a part of the “Spirit of Purdue”?
Want to be a driver for the world’s LARGEST, FASTEST, and LOUDEST mascot?
Come join the Purdue Reamer Club!
Monday, August 28th, 2017 at 6:00 PM in BRNG 222
Thursday, August 31st, 2017 at 6:00 PM in BRNG 2280
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017 at 6:00 PM in ARMS 1109
The Pledging Process for the Purdue Reamer Club takes 8 weeks. During those 8 weeks, you will:
- Learn over 60 traditions and 40 songs of the University
- Learn about the Boilermaker Special and Xtra Special
- Become a Co-Pilot for the Boilermaker Special and Xtra Special
- Complete an R-Board and get it signed by Actives, Advisors, and Honoraries
- Meet over 50 Honoraries of the Club, including Mitch Daniels, Jeff Brohm, and Matt Painter
- Participate in a Lions Sing twice a week
- And Much More!
As an Active Member, you get to:
- Go on “Away Crews”, where we drive the Boilermaker Special VII to Away Football Games
- Wake people up on Home Football Games with the Boilermaker Special VII’s horns
- Hold leadership positions to build your resume
- Start the process to become a Pilot for the Boilermaker Special VII and/or the Xtra Special
- Go on a semester retreat, which have included paint ball, escape rooms, and Fair Oaks Farm
- Become involved in many of the projects and services the Club does for the University
- Network with Alumni of the club
- And Much More!
Requirements for Membership:
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Be a full-time student
- Not on academic probation
- Not be involved in a Social Fraternity or Sorority, since this is a social club
- Honorary, Service, and Professional Fraternities and Sororities, as well as Cooperatives, are fine
- Be able to attend all Monday Night Meetings
- Have a love for Purdue University and the desire to spread school spirit!
If you have any questions, contact the Vice President at